I love this rice. It is crunchy and nutty from the lightly fried almonds, slightly sweet from the cinnamon stick, and warm and aromatic from the cumin seeds. Let’s just talk about cumin seeds for a second. They are slightly peppery and loaded with good-for-you properties like iron (maybe just avoid the likes of Magneto), and they are great for your digestion. What’s not to love. Use this recipe to introduce the tiny flavor-packed seed to a loved one unfamiliar with them. They will love you for it.
Now, I know that some people complain about mushy cauliflower rice. I do not want that for you! The trick to delicious cauliflower rice is to really give it a few minutes to cook on the stove. This will help to remove extra moisture (way easier than wringing it in a towel or napkin). You can also (and probably should) use ghee in this recipe instead of butter, but I didn’t have any. Use ghee if you want it extra delicious and nutty tasty, and use butter if you’re like me and forgot to pick up ghee. It will be great either way.
My boyfriend and I had this today for dinner with sirloin. It’s also a great side dish with some chicken tikka masala. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbs grassfed butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Microwave cauliflower for 6 minutes, let cool for 1-2 minutes, and then process in food processor. Set aside.
- Warm a pan over low-medium heat with olive oil and butter. Once pan is hot, add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, and salt and pepper to oil.
- Once seeds begin to pop, increase heat to medium and add sliced almonds to pan. Constantly stir for 1-2 minutes, or until almonds are toasted and golden.
- Add cauliflower rice to pan and cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with mint and cilantro leaves (optional).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Yaya Recommended may receive a commission when you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting this site! Read the full disclosure.