Hey chamacos! I didn’t mean to go on such a loooong break, but I should be back to posting on a regular basis now. I got busy with a new job plus life shenanigans, but I’ve still been cooking up a storm with lots of recipes to share! And yes, I’m still obsessed with coming up with new breakfast ideas, including these pancakes that are very very easy to make. Grab your blender and put on Netflix. It’s pancake time.
The flour substitute for this recipe is my trusty friend the chia seed. They are tiny little healthy seeds that are packed with fiber and omega fatty acids. Now, I have had people ask me before if it makes a difference in using ground chia seeds vs whole, and in a word: yes. You can use ground chia seeds, but you will need to use an extra 1/4 – 1/2 tsp and in my experience, ground chia seeds can impart bitterness in a recipe.
Definitely make sure to use fresh lemon juice, because it adds some sparkly sabor. You can also make these lower carb by using Stevia instead of honey. You do you, mija. The hardest part of this recipe is the waiting, because there ain’t a lot of work involved. Dump everything in the blender, blend, and then pour out on your pan and sprinkle some berries on top. The pancake should be ready to flip around the two-minute mark. If it’s not quite ready to flip, let it cook for an additional 30 seconds before carefully wiggling your spatula underneath the cake.
Top your pancakes with some syrup and add a side of sausage or bacon for an extra protein punch.
- Add all ingredients except blueberries and coconut oil to blender and blend on high for 1 minute, or until chia seeds are broken down.
- Warm a 8" pan over medium heat and add a bit of coconut oil.
- Once warm, add some batter to pan to create about a 3.5" in diameter pancake. Evenly distribute 1/2 tbs blueberries to pancake. Cook for 2 minutes* and then flip and cook an additional minute.
- Remove pancake from pan and keep warm on plate or baking sheet in oven.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with maple syrup and enjoy.
- *If pancake is not firm enough at 2 minutes to flip, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Recipe yields (6-7) 3.5 - 4" pancakes.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? MAKE SURE TO PIN IT:
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Yaya Recommended may receive a commission when you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting this site! Read the full disclosure.