I don’t know about you, but I’m always curious about what people eat for breakfast. 99% of the time, breakfast for me is just leftovers from the night before. Eat eggs, eat eggs! Yes, I know–I should. Don’t yell at me, but I’m not a HUGE fan of eggs. But I am trying to train myself to enjoy them on their own. Eggs are easy, nutritious, and quick to make, so what’s a better gateway meal than a sausage biscuit. Even better, a sausage biscuit that doesn’t have a million ingredients in it. Sounds like a yessssss to me.
I follow my basic almond flour biscuit recipe and simplify the spices with just dill and salt since the sausage is already well-spiced. If you happen to buy very lean pork, go ahead and add about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the mixture. I completely forgot to do this the first time I made the patties, and well, they were delicious hockey pucks. The added fat will help keep the patties from drying out. Oh, and by the way, if you’re a fan of frying sausage on the stove, you can totally do that, too. I’m just in a throw-everything-in-the-oven mood lately. The oven is also the way to go if you’re making a big batch, which you should! Your future self will thank you.
If you’re on a strict no-dairy diet, go ahead and skip the cheese. I made a batch of cheese versions for my boyfriend and set aside half for me sans cheese. Still delicious. I’ve had these for breakfast pretty much every day since last week. Try them out!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix breakfast sausage spice blend with ground pork* and 2 tbs coconut oil if necessary (for lean meat). Using your hands, lightly form the mixture into (8) 2-ounce patties and place on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack.
- Bake sausage patties for 40-45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
- Slice almond flour biscuits lengthwise. Assemble each biscuit with 1 patty, egg, and top with cheese.
- *Substitute beef, turkey, etc. if desired.
- Recipe yields 8 sausage and egg biscuits.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? MAKE SURE TO PIN IT:
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Yaya Recommended may receive a commission when you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting this site! Read the full disclosure.